Unica’s Free IVF Terms and Conditions
- Consultation with doctor / preparation of treatment (consultation at the clinic with all necessary gynaecology examinations or by Skype)
- Detailed sperm analysis + preparation (spermiogram and lab preparation for fertilization (2x))
- Stimulation, monitoring (ultrasounds)
- STD tests (mandatory by Czech law, includes HIV, Hep B, C and Syphilis EXCLUSIVE includes for both partners)
- Egg retrieval, egg preparation for fertilization
- Anaesthesia during the egg collection
- ICSI method
- Laser Assisted Hatching
- Prolonged embryo cultivation (up to 5 days)
- Embryo transfer
- Sperm Freezing (2 years of storage)
- Freezing of non-transferred embryos (2 years of storage)
- Any costs associated with utilizing an egg/sperm donor
- Carrier screen (not always done for regular IVF cycle)
- Screening labs (commonly performed at OB office and covered through insurance)
Legislation in the Czech Republic
Treatment is not legally allowed to be provided to those who are seeking treatment solo or in a same-sex relationship.
HIV positive – Yes
HCV/HBV positive – Yes
Gender selection – only in presence of genetic diseases
Surrogacy – this is not permitted under Czech Republic law
Maximum age for women – 48 years old + 364 days
Type of egg donation –
· Anonymous – The donor’s personal details are not revealed to the couple. The couple will receive information about eye colour, hair colour, education, and hobbies/interests only.
· Voluntary Donor – Compensation for donors is limited to the reimbursement for the donor’s time and expenses involved in the donation process.
Additional UNICA requirement
Both partners need to be considered eligible for treatment during the first consultation with the doctor. This includes an analysis of the required medical tests results, which the doctor must accept for the treatment to start.
Unica’s criteria on donor selection
- 19-29 years old
- positive genetic testing
- psychologic assessment
- does not smoke
- not overweight
- at least high-school-education
1 year starting from announcement of the couple selected.