Ensuring safety during IVF shipping
We spoke with John Condon, Senior Director of Business Development across the US for reproductive medicine at Cryoport Systems to talk all things cryo shipping safety, as well as what cryopreservation is, how the shipping process works, and why people ship frozen eggs, embryos, sperm, and gametes.
Watch and discover:
- You can discover what cryopreservation is and what the process looks like.
- Learn that cryopreserved materials are carefully preserved during transportation to ensure the integrity of the samples.
- Discover that there are strict regulations regarding the transportation of cryogenic materials on planes, especially concerning the transport of liquid nitrogen.
- Find out about cryo shipping safety, and the measures that are in place to ensure the safety of cryopreserved materials during transportation, including protocols for handling delays or unforeseen circumstances.
- Discover that the shipping of cryopreserved eggs and embryos in the US is governed by specific regulations and guidelines, which may differ from those in other countries, potentially affecting those moving their embryos internationally.
Cryoport Systems’ comprehensive supply chain management abilities, allow intended parents to confidently store and ship their reproductive materials domestically and internationally with certainty that their materials will be handled with the utmost care and professionalism.
For more information about how Cryoport Systems can support your fertility journey, check out their reproductive medicine website.
If you’re looking to ship your gametes, across the US or internationally, connect with the Cryoport team today.